Where to get T5 bulbs locally, im close to nashua, nh

Try Scott Merrill? He is great and he can get all kinds of stuff for you. I saw some great stand-alone t5 last time I met him.

What was the length of the T5's that scott had setup..Looking at going with T5's for actinics are they better then VHO and power compacts?

Dz6t had the pleasure of digging through my garage :D

Mike,
i have t5's
PC's
and am currently setting up the VHOS.
i'll bet the VHO's look the best.

casey,
T5's are
24w = 24"
39w = 36"
54w = 48"
80w = 60"

i have a dual 39w T5 setup actinic if you want to try them out.
also a single 24W but its a 10k bulb.
i also have a dual 55w pc you welcome to try.

I like the T5's over the PC's but i think the T12 VHO gives the best phosphor Color.

i expect to have my new VHO's up tomorrow. retrofitting my Aquaspace light.

anyone know where i can get single VHO Reflectors?

oh FWIW my new avatar was taken while my lights were out with one 39w t5 over my 92 corner.

here's the full shot

Attachments

• mini-118_1811.JPG
    mini-118_1811.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 190
and some green with orange polyp digi that almost didn't make it thru macna in a bucket.

Attachments

• mini-117_1794.JPG
    mini-117_1794.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 191
Well i will go with the VHO's then. how many and what length would i need over a 96" X60"X30" tank? Like 2,2,2, 4 footers..or 1,1,1,.

the longer the bulb the more phsphor effiecient they are.
i'd go 2x4 1x6 1x6 2x4
that way you could run the 4 4fts off an IC 660 and the 2 6fts off another IC 660.

i can't wait to see this monster.

Found a welder/reefer in Worcester that is making up a stand for it, he started last night..using 3X3 Steel tubing ..

ok, i already have the setup, just busted a bulb when i was doing something stupid... they make a good bang, i was lucky it didnt go into my hand!

I have an extra one at home and I don't need it right now.
I paid $20 on it. Send me a PM if you are interested and I will send you my phone number and my address.

Gustavo

Back