Yellow Gorg

Sherri

Non-member
Probably should have walked away. Didn't. Was in a pet store where the rodents, snakes and dogs looked okay but the birds and tanks were terrible. There was a lonely yellow gorg in an algae filled tank. I bought it for $30. It is withdrawn and shedding. The woman said they just did a big water change because someone had dropped something in the tank. Anyway -- wish me luck trying to get this guy in my tank without adding any of their water and not exposing it to air....

Just expose it to air, I did with mine and it is living perfectly fine. It is much safer than putting the crap water in your tank.

I can't tell if it's a little polyp extension, skin shedding or hair algae -- would you pull it off?

Well the whole thing was covered in algae so I took a steel brush .. just kidding. I decided to rub it off gently with my fingers. I guess we will find out how tough it is. It actually looks yellow now. The flesh was firm so I hope it will be okay. They said they had seen the polyps extended. Guess time will tell. There's still some algae but hopefully the blue legs will get to work on it... Are the yellows photosynthetic? I forget.

Back