110 gallon sump?

Fishianado

Non-member
I have a 92 corner bow setup on the first floor. After last months fiasco i realy want to set up a sump in the cellar. I have an extra 110 gallon tank that's pretty scratched up and was thinking about using it for the the sump- refugium. Is this feesable? or should l use something smaller? In the future I would like to set up my other tank as saltwater and use the same sump, it's a 36 corner. Also i was interested in ideas for the sump design. I have a 125 gallon hob skimmer so it won't have to go in the tank witch allows me more room for other things. I was curious about the baffle sizes. With everything turned off the 92 drains about 15 gallons before stopping. It's a reef tank by the way. Any help is appreciated, thanks again.

it's totally feasible.

My 150 rubbermade was tied into my 92, so size doesn't matter

Alright now that i have you Jay here go the questions. Do you think a 250 mh mogul 10,000k is enough with 260 watts actinic t5s surrounding? What is your lighting schedule ?Also what size pipe do you have running down to your sump and running back up,what pump to ?

I run a Maristar 250W DE fixture on my 92. It also has 2x24 T-5 for actinic. I run Ushio 14k's.

I'm able to keep everything, but haven't tried clams in the sand.\

The overflow is the standard AGA....1" drain, 3/4" return. The return is split into 2 with locline. 1 MP40 and 2-3 tnuze nanostreams for flow.

Just not enough coral in there right now....

Back