150 tons of LR stolen!!

that is crazy some people just dont care i feel bad u work so hard in life and some 1 comes and takes it away from u

the guy lost his life savings.....just sad. I hope they catch the criminals who did it.

Man I couldn't imagine that... He should have insured the rock though...

I can't believe he didn't check on it for well over a year. Who knows when it went missing. I feel bad for the guy, though.

If he didn't check on it for over a year I would think its abandoned property, hard to feel to bad for him.

Jim

yeah, its a bad situation he is in, but if he checked on his livelihood more often he might of had a better chance to catch the thieves.

If he didn't check on it for over a year I would think its abandoned property, hard to feel to bad for him.

Jim

he was still paying the feds to 'lease' the space underwater, so it's hardly abandoned....

seems silly to have left it uninspected for that long though, especially with other lease holders doing the same thing only yards away....

Pretty good guess is that someone in the business swiped it.

having seen up close and personal what a ton of fiji LR looks like, it is hard to believe moving 150 tons of it...underwater

Pretty good guess is that someone in the business swiped it.

having seen up close and personal what a ton of fiji LR looks like, it is hard to believe moving 150 tons of it...underwater

Yeah i bet it wasnt an overnight job. I am sure they had to of taken it in increments. Making it that much harder to not get caught.

That stinks....wonder if the economy had anything to do with it? Or someone just realized this guy wasn't checking on his rocks. Either way it's a bummer and I feel terrible for the guy.

we should check where marco's been
Yea thanks Ed,
Made the decision not to use the offshore lease we have available, we went all onshore but it was because of aptasia, mantis shrimp and storms.
Never even thought of this ...LOL

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out

That stinks....wonder if the economy had anything to do with it? .
More like greed and arrogance IMO,
when you are 4 miles off, a couple hundred yards is impossible to see by eye, and in the eye/mind of arrogance may just be justified by plausible denial ;)

More like greed and arrogance IMO,
when you are 4 miles off, a couple hundred yards is impossible to see by eye, and in the eye/mind of arrogance may just be justified by plausible denial ;)

In the age of GPS, it seems silly to miss over 100 yards 'by accident' :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you aren't offshore. :p

I do feel bad for this guy, but not checking on it for a year and 1/2 :eek:

If you put your life savings into something and did not check on it for a year and 1/2, especially if it took you 2 and 1/2 years to put it there, I think you are crazy.

John

That sucks......but yea I don't feel at all bad for the guy. Sunk his life savings, spent a long time getting it out there and then doesn't keep an eye on it. Come on, who has 1-2 million laying on the ocean floor and doesn't keep and eye on it.

Put a few grand on your door step and see how long its last.....

Karrie Carnes, spokeswoman for the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, where the aqua farm was located, confirmed Novak had a permit.

''It's fishy nobody saw 300,000 pounds of rock being removed,'' she said.

That's an intentional pun if I ever saw one.

Back