300 Gallon AGE tank; any know of any companies that can move this into my house.

scollier

Non-member
I am getting a 300 gallon AGE tank delivered in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had used any local moving companies or LSF to help with moving a tank of that size from the garage to the house up onto the the frame.

Thanks

You could probably get 6 people from here... just get 6 suction cups

and beer and pizza of course lol

I am getting a 300 gallon AGE tank delivered in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had used any local moving companies or LSF to help with moving a tank of that size from the garage to the house up onto the the frame.

Thanks

if you set a date, i'm sure my girlfriends father can find some guys to help (owner of Lorusso Construction)

I'm from Mansfield, so count me in if I can make it

i got a 125 tank, canopy and stand out of my box van, up 5 steps and into the living room by myself...
Truth be told, I had a good furniture dolly, moving pads and straps...and some motivation, as well.
A good dolly, pads and straps will help more than a case of beer...that is... untill after it is moved~:D

LOL. I wish.... I think I would need a 1/2 dozen butlers.... :) Heck prob 1/2 dozen UFC butlers....

I just moved a 300 gallon from the pet store to my basement through the bulkhead and down the stairs. It took 4 of us and a furniture dolly to get it downstairs. But 2 people can move it around on the dolly and 2 people can get it on the stand. Just rest one side onto the stand then the 2 of you lift the other side and push it into position. Mine was 72 x 36 x 27 and was just under 500 lbs. I would definately get a furniture dolly. You can rent one at U- haul.

I will post a couple pics tonight on a path to the house; ask your opinion of how even with a furniture dolly you think I could do it.

ty.

Sure. My bulkhead is around back so we had to go over a long strech of grass too. Just make sure the tank is protected with plywood or at least cardboard.

The tank will arrive crated. So my guess is I could use a pallette jack to get it up on the stone wall. Then its a matter of getting it up the hill to the top level area then pretty much straight into the front door. (Both doors open) The tank location is right to the left of the doors. There are also a step in front of the door. Thoughts?

housefront.jpg

Back