80 Gallon Deep Blue Rimless Shallow Reef Build.

Puff Daddy

Non-member
I bought an Deep Blue Professional Rimless Frag tank last month. It has been running for three weeks and working through the cycle. Here are some early pictures of the tank as it came in. More to follow.

I also did an unboxing video here:
http://youtu.be/iK3WtRQZ4Og

Tank in a box.
Capture.JPG
Open Box
Capture3.JPG
On the stand.
Capture2.JPG

Here is the rockwork for the tank.

http://youtu.be/MICXV2Wmr5g?list=UUbDn_3nXpPErDYRPcXTqYTw

Let me know what you think of the rockwork. I can still make adjustments. I have a large structure on the left with many little caves made from Tonga shelf on top of BRS Pukani. I have a mushroom structure and a bolder with a little cave in it and a vertical hole so you can look down into the cave.

Rockwork Photo:

Capture4.JPG

Love 16-18" tanks! Only place for placement of tank in my livingroom is corner to edge of sliders, so have 42" limit so only can have a 36" tank so I have a 40 breeder, rimless, starfire, reef-ready. If I had the room I'd have that tank! But I knew this when I bought a 890 sq. ft. condo that there would limitations.

nice rockwork and well thought out, I really dig that video so smooth no shaking even the changes of angles, like it was on a rig.

I'm hatching a bamboo shark. I plan on growing him out in this tank for a year or so. That was part of the reason I went with the 4x2 footprint of the frag tank. I'm not adding any fancy shrimp to this tank any time soon!

Awesome tank and cool rockscaping
I don't think that bash allow 80 is big enough for a bamboo shark tho, especially w all those rocks
Btw I have the same tank but the 60 gal

I agree, it is too small for a full grown bamboo. It is just a temporary home. Right now he is in a 30 gallon, much to small for a full grown bamboo, but just perfect for one still inside an egg. ;)

Here is the tank as it stands now, with water and a blue painted background.

Tank with water.JPG

Here is a view from the top. It really captures how much room there is that you don't really see from the front.

TopDown.JPG

nice rockwork and well thought out, I really dig that video so smooth no shaking even the changes of angles, like it was on a rig.

Thanks. Puff Momma holds the camera on some of the videos to stabilize things. I also use youtube's stabilize feature when the camera is too shaky.

I picked up a RSM 650 sump from Choff. I re-did the baffles to increase water volume and optimize it for my skimmer, creating a chamber that I can control the water height with. I still need to build the weir for the height adjustment. The sump now holds about 35 - 37 gallons depending on the skimmer chamber level.

Here is the sump.
sump.JPG

Here is the tank with the sump.
tank with sump.JPG

Very nice. What are you planning on keeping?
I have the same Omega 150 on my 200gallon tank. Hard to find an upgrade for it.

Also, your sump water level is really high. Make you have enough buffer when the return pump is shut off. Don't want water on the floor.

Back