92 Corner / Basement Sump / Fish Room Build

Looking good shane, you will love the MP on the tank.... I run a 40 as well on my little 54 (at about 40%) and it creates some cool currents. I leave it on reef crest, and when its in a steady current mode the flow in the tank is unreal. There's almost no dead spots; when it gets pulsing theres about an 1.5-2" wave in either corner and the corals get moving!

Thanks Pat, Im still messing around with the mp40, I dont have too much room from the waters edge to where the glass ends, a 2 inch wave would crash right over the top of the tank. I have been playing around with the surge modes and strengths and have to say it is one cool pump

Thinking of trying to run my biopellet reactor off of my return pump. Anyone do this already? Hooking it up all I did was throw a Mag 9 into my sump and then the return from the reactor i ended near my skimmer and cheato. If I can remove the Mag 9 id save the energy cost. Do I just add a T to the spaflex with a gate valve? Any advice?

What do you currently have for a return? I run my carbon reactor off my return, a Water Blaster 3000, I was also running my CaRx off of it also. I came straight up from the pump to a 3 way elbow, the extra output is my carbon, I reduced down to the 1/2" vinyl tubing to the carbon reactor. Continued the plumbing adding a T and reduced one output to the tubing again to the CaRx. I placed a ball valve on the output of my carbon reactor to control flow thru it. I'll see if I can get a picture today.

The gate valve will give you more control seeing you want a slight tumble.

How long have you run the pellets? I would think a Mag 9 would be too much flow thru it, but I guess not.

A picture would be awesome Matt Thanks. I have a reeflo barricuda and its dialed way back so I have plenty of flow. The reactor I have is an overkill but I only put a small amount of pellets in it to start so I dont strip everything out of the water abruptly. The Mag 9 has a good flow making the pellets tumble.

Ok so I got a new Macro lens and playing around with it, you all get to suffer as I learn lol
_DSC0088.jpg

_DSC0090.jpg

_DSC0091.jpg

_DSC0094.jpg

My tank guardian! HA
_DSC0118.jpg

The real guardians, keeping a close eye on me
_DSC0114.jpg

_DSC0112.jpg

_DSC0124.jpg

Thanks for looking guys!

Thanks to Greg for the plumbing diagram I got brave enough to try and plumb the media reactor off my return pump
and after messing up the hard plumbing on the return side I opted to soft plumb that side.
Long story short, dont glue stuff until you know its tight enough to not leak.
2012-09-23_10-07-47_835_zpscda21f60.jpg

The return to the media reactor ends right at the base of my skimmer
2012-09-23_10-07-55_964_zps840f1269.jpg

Thought I would show off my freshly cleaned skimmer, one of the things I dread doing but its looking shiny new once again!
2012-09-23_10-08-04_667_zps3c2fe2a5.jpg

Thanks Michelle no white balance so the colors look kind of weird but not bad for a phone

Back