A clownfish in a 16g?

STiTCH87

Saltwater OCD Victim
I'm looking into buying a 16g aquarium late this summer or into the fall, but have a few question...

Would a clownfish (percula) be okay in it? And I don't mean just live semi-decent. I mean like live comfortably in a 16g if it's just him, a small goby, and a small clean up crew?

I've got a pair of clowns in my 29. They just hang out in the anemone on the left side of the tank and are perfectly happy. They have the whole other half of the tank if they wanted, but literally NEVER go over there. I think a 16 would work well, especially if you are planning on a nem for the clown.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I am indeed planning a colorful maxi-mini in a 16g Marine Innovations tank with two picasso clowns and an Aqua Illuminations Nano LED Kit hanging on the back side. With some nice corals too ofcourse.

I have a pair of clowns and 3 firefish in my 15 gallon all healthy eat well and always swimming around. I wouldn't think itd be a problem at all.

Nice input thank you! Do you guys have skimmers in your ~15g tanks? Or just weekly water changes? I'd probably stick to the 20% WC a week like I do in the 5g.

I have a pair of true percs in a 12 gallon aquapod with a RBTA for 5+ years and they way they hang out in the anemone they don't even need that much tank lol.

Check out my pics, I have a hob filter, koralia nano 240, 50 watt heater, and a t5 light. Very simple and loaded with corals. Been up and running for 5 months and since then have only lost a clown goby and a pair of clowns.

See thing is, if I lose a pair of clowns, it's not the average pair. Lol. A pair of picasso clowns aren't cheap, ya know?

Well what happened is I bought one and it got ick so I put it in my 5 gallon quarentine tank and the hob filter didn't have a cap to the bottom and it swam up there and died, so the second one I got had got ick(all when I did water changes) so I put it in there and still didn't have a bottom so I put the net in there to cover the hole, well he swam up and in the net and managed to take a swim up the filter as well. Haha so that's how I lost them so nothing tank related really,haha

Lol well lucky for my the 16g won't have a HOB filter. Just dual overflows with dual returns. =]

Not coming til this fall most likely. I want to do more research and see if I find any other tanks I like more still. Plus I wanna save up and get everything at once. Like I may get a Vortech MP10 with battery backup for it.

Innovative+Marine+Nuvo+Aquarium+Black.jpg

With...

warm-white-ai-nano-led-2.jpg

Back