Acan and pagoda coral

mason90

Non-member
So I just picked up a pagoda coral (pretty big about the size of my hand) and a acan frag from jays. I dont know much about ether of them besides that there sweet. I was wondering if people had advise on feeding them I haven't really done any feeding so far but would like to get into doing it so my corals grow faster. and also was wondering how the acan grows like on top of a rock?... any advise on placement and food for both would be well appreciated.

Thanks mason

You can spot feed the Acan and it will help it grow fast and it'll be more colorful as well. As for placement somewhere on the sand bed is good. If you place it on a rock it will encrust and if you place it just on the fragplug in the sand it will ball up and grow slower as it will make its own skeleton...

its not actually on a frag plug its just the skeleton should i just put it on the sand bed than its only about the size of a quarter

So I have never spot fed corals and I would really like to start what are people using for food both zoos and acan/sps?

I just use brine and mysis, same stuff that I feed the fish...

Back