Add a sink and drain to the basement.

Yes, we have a big mangrove tree in our front yard :) It is an evergreen, so I hope it will be ok. If it dies I'll just blame it on the neighbor's dog.

(from Dennis' first link) "Qwik Jon comes complete with everything except the toilet fixtures and piping. You get the WM266* 1/2 hp,* 115 Volt,** 10.4 amp Zoeller Sewage Pump that passes 2" spherical solids, the Qwik Jon tank, lid and gasket, floor flange extender kit with wax rings, sewage check valve, Qwik Jon fittings and hardware, as well as step-by-step installation instructions."

I'd hate to meet the design engineer that required that standard. :eek:

Hey, I need a sink installed too, in my garage! I do have a drain pipe in the bathroom that abuts my garage but it is around 25 feet away. Does anyone know if there is a max horizontal drain pipe distance (or recommended drain pipe diameter) or how many inches of slope per foot is required on the drain pipe ? Does anyone know how to sweat pipes ? I have never done copper tube plumbing and could use the help if anyone is available....I'll even throw in some beer, lunch and free frags (nice blue ORA millepora Acro, Pink Pocillopora, Green Slimer, Green Table Acro, and more now available !)....

Chuck
1/4" per foot slope for drain lines of 4" dia. or less. I can help you with the copper we just need to pick a time.

Dennis

denvig said:
Chuck
1/4" per foot slope for drain lines of 4" dia. or less. I can help you with the copper we just need to pick a time.

Dennis, you are the MAN! :D Thanks so much for offering your help. I can be available anytime that is convenient for you. Weekends would probably work out best....I'll call you tonight on your cell phone, OK?

The holes for the drain pipe are already in the walls and the cold and hot water supply lines are really close to my fishroom (in the furnace room right next to the fishroom). None of the supply pipes will be installed under the wallboard, so at least we do not have to do any major walls excavation, etc.

Thanks again Dennis!

Back