age old ? lights

you are correct they were great for $20 bucks worked great lighting was very good nad the growth was very good but I changed out from DE back to SE so no more cheapo ebay bulbs although I did find some cheap 10K moguls
who knows maybe I will try them ;)

Could you not hang some T5 actinics in there beside the light rails? I think with a little creative ceiling suspension it could happen.

actually I have been trying to figure a way to do 2 of the 48 bulb LED "spot lights" I am ordering them tomorrow to see if I can fugure a way to do it without looking totally messed up.

actually I have been trying to figure a way to do 2 of the 48 bulb LED "spot lights" I am ordering them tomorrow to see if I can fugure a way to do it without looking totally messed up.

Why not have the "zoo keeper" build you a hood like shroud to go around the three sides that would have a couple doors on each side for access then it would not matter what the hanging system looked like.

thank you I am waiting to speak with Jim to see whats up with the helios they sound like they might be what I am looking for
wondering if anyone around is using them. Id like to take a look a them on a tank

Dawn,

I think Sanjay's been using the Geissmann 'Coral' bulbs. I really liked the look of his system. These bulbs seem to be very expensive and almost impossible to find. Word is that the spectrum (read bulbs) are about identical to the 14K Ushios. This is probably what I will use when I run out of 10K XM's.

You can get the geissmann megachrome coral at Finns Depot. I've been using them since December after Jeremy (CRA) helped me get them for a better price. A little bit more crisp blue than the XMs, but not quite as bright. I can't find a plot for the Ushio 14K on Sanjays site, I would like to compare the two.

depending on what I feel when I see them on the tank I will probably go with the Helios, at least try them out. Price wise they are great and the way I like to change my bulbs around (well lets just say there is only 6 months on the reefluxs ) it wont be any major hit if I didnt care for them once on my tank ;)

Back