AI Nero 3 Wavemaker

Anyone have one of these? I was considering it for a 20 gallon tank with a few fish, but mostly soft and LPS corals.

If not using the Nero specifically, what kind of wavemaker do you suggest and why?

Anyone have one of these? I was considering it for a 20 gallon tank with a few fish, but mostly soft and LPS corals.

If not using the Nero specifically, what kind of wavemaker do you suggest and why?
I have one in my 13.5 EVO mixed reef. My settings vary throughout the day but I max out at about 46% on the wave mode (approx 1250 gph) and 40% on random flow (1050ish gph max). It would be more than adequate in a 20 gallon tank with LPS and softies and would probably work well if you decided to add som SPS down the road. It's a great little powerhead and the slim profile is a nice bonus when there's not a lot of real estate in a little tank.

I've been thinking about one of these for my 15 gallon peninsula tank. I have a mp10 on a 15g cube. I like that there is no "dry side" on this one, which means the pump can be mounted on the AIO insert. If you're talking about a 20 long, I might be more inclined to go with the mp10. It moves a ton of water.

The other issue is that Nero 3 pumps might was well not exist right now. They are back ordered basically everywhere with no ETA. Now and then a Nero 3 will show up on Amazon.

It’s not QUITE as pretty as the Nero, but I have been using a SLW-10 by Jebao (which @dz6t was kind enough to recommend to me and sell me) and I love it. I actually bought a second one from him this year to put in my 12 gallon tank and it’s great. Added bonus, its much cheaper than the nero.

Can't speak for this one specifically.

I have two hygger mini wave makers in my 20, very easy to program. They are dead silent, very small especially compared to others in its class, easy to clean, can't beat the price.

Thanks everyone. The Nero 3 is not easily available unless I want to pay double the price. I will check out all the suggestions above.
Cheers!

Back