aiptasia eating Berghia nudibranchs

I've used the several times. The first attempt on tank worked very well. Second attempt on a larger tank...not so good. I've currently got 6 in a very small tank - trying to get them to breed as I have a major aiptasia problem in my 75g.

Very effective but suffer heavily from predation. Just about anything in the tank will try to eat them or their eggs. It's best if you buy 4 or more and breed them. You'll also need to set up an aipstasia farm (very easy) Check the breeder's registry for a breeding/rearing protocol. If you can't find it let me know.

They cleaned things up in my seahorse tank. However, I put about 12 in my reef and saw little to no effect. Perhaps there was too much flow and they ended up in my fuge. After several months I ordered about 50 peppermints from www.reeftopia.com and the aiptasia was gone from my reef in about 72 hours.

JMO but I would not invest in the Berghia again unless I found a vendor selling them for a fraction of what they're going for.

JMO but I would not invest in the Berghia again unless I found a vendor selling them for a fraction of what they're going for.

I agree.
I bought four of them twice for my 55 reef, and never saw them again.

They cleaned things up in my seahorse tank. However, I put about 12 in my reef and saw little to no effect. Perhaps there was too much flow and they ended up in my fuge. After several months I ordered about 50 peppermints from www.reeftopia.com and the aiptasia was gone from my reef in about 72 hours.

50? Wow, how big was your tank? My tank got pretty well cleaned up with a dozen. I kalked the rest, and even cleaned out my plumbing and overflow, nearly ready to call my 72 aiptasia free. Now I need to kill the tulip/mojanos in my 92.

50 peppermint shrimp, you must have a huge tank. I had an aiptasia problem in my 10 gallon nano. We put in one peppermint and all the aiptasia was gone in 36 hrs, peppermint shrimp are amazing at finding and eating them.

Back