ammonia

eddie pr

Non-member
well chek the ammonia this morning with api test kit show .25 .. now shek this afternoon seems 0 ppm . now decide to chek mi ro/di water for ammonia seems to be at .50 ppm well chek my tap water seems .50ppm when to my lfs but they also use api my ro/di water .50 ppm so whent ahead and bought spring water ..shows .50 ppm also well whent back to the store bougt destiled water and shows .50 ppm of ammonia seems to my all water in new bedford has ammonia or all api test kit dont work ? does any body have an idea what happen ?

well the curios thing is i whent to the lfs and they tested the water and shows ammonia there but they use api test kit also ... the consern that i have is i tested diferent sorses of water getting the same reading on water like .. spring water ... tap water ..my ro di water and destilled water .. all the same readind of ammonia .. impocible all diferent tipes of water specific destilled water have the exact same level of ammonia

Most lfs use expired kits too. Very rarely do they check the dates on the test kits. Try and buy a new set or a different brand of test kit.

yea make sense im gone try to get the red sea marine mantenense think thats how is call. see it on ebay for 45 $

NH3/NO2 should really never be an issue in a cycled tank unless a load of new stock is being added all at once; which is never a good idea in a small setup. The OP contacted me earlier about this and I forgot to ask him what he was testing.

Last edited:
yea my dt is been cycled for over 7 months well like a mont ago had this cyano was little but i decide to go the easy way (alwais wrong way to go )and use erytromycin and alwais work god but alwais bring ammonia spike not that bad .at leas to my or my test kit .. so after that i use gfo and was dosing sugar . every thing was runing just fine untill stuped me whent from half of tsp of sugar to a whole tsp . (dont know why did that ) and in the afternoon got this bacteria bloom with this gel clear mucus every were in my live rok .. well thinking that when the bacteria dont have inoof to feed it will dye off sense it was a lot i start to chek for ammonia ... that was my tods ! my bio load is fear for my tank i belive .. 55gallons with 20 g swmp reef dinamic ins80 (skimmer ) have 1 yellow tang 1 blue chromis .1 solar wrasse .1 clown fish and 2 bangai cardinals (male and female )

Back