Anemone cannon ready to fire

JPags

BRS Member
Been trying to get this one out but his foot was way in. Let’s see how this works. Have a bunch more of this works.

D4182792-637E-4BA9-B12F-EFEA9FF85FA3.jpeg

No problem, ill sell you one cheap :)

Thats the video I found after someone else mentioned it. Costs under $5 to make and I still have plenty of sponges left.

I used Schedule 40 pipe because I could not get a piece of Schedule 80 and I had it. What I did was used the pipe to make a circle in the sponge (Did not push all the way through), then cut with a scissors to not break the sponge (Like the guy did in the video)

Pretty simple to then use elastics to attach it to the rocks.

Ill report back once he moves.

First shot was across the bow was a miss. He found a small spot on the top to squeeze around and come out higher up. Now that I have him moving I repositioned it and try again. This battle has just begun

ok so quick feedback. I have now caught 3 with this. Love it. But you need to be persistent. I had the last one that was a small anemone that refused to come out. It took several days. I was going to move the cannon to another one and I looked today and there he was right at the end. So they are tough little buggers, but they eventually give in. Working on number 4 now. only a few more to go.

Yes, the idea is to block the light so it moves and the only way to move is up the PVC tube. Thats also why the sponge, so he sees no light on the sides of the tube.

Yes, the idea is to block the light so it moves and the only way to move is up the PVC tube. Thats also why the sponge, so he sees no light on the sides of the tube.
Wow that’s awesome and brilliant idea

Back