Anyone have a Reefkeeper lite that could answer some questions for me

JTM4UG

REEFER
BRS Member
im looking at the level 1 that has just been put on sale at 99$ new. My understanding is that this unit just controls temp and lighting/pumps. It has 4 sockets(not enough for my needs in the future but good for now). Im wondering what makes the price triple by getting the level 3, I realize that level comes with the pH probe but what else makes it better. Also how easy is this unit to upgrade and what upgrades are available. I realize I can get alot of this info in descriptions for the product but in most cases it confuses me a little bit being a first to controllers. Any help/ feedback on this product would be appreciated.

I have a RKL level 1 with an extra PC4 and a MLC that I run on my Neo Nano.

The RKL3 comes with an extra PC4 (2 total), the SL1 (to hookup with PH and temp, ORP if you want it and switches for auto top off) and the PH probe.

I use a ph pen for my small tank tested against the main one and I have a very simple top off system so the RKL1 works for me. I happened to have the extra PC4. That alone is $90 so the RKL1 is a good deal. I also run a RKE on my big tank.

I use my RKL to run lights, heater, fan, skimmer and fuge pump. The temp controller is my main reason for this and the system is versitile. You can hook up the net module if you so desire and add in all the different modules over time for a max of 4.

The MLC I had laying around and there is a bug fig if you use 3 modules as you have to reset the system for some reason. All the stuff can be updated and DA seems to have good support.

Last edited:
Back