Apex wireless

Jim Tansey

BRS Member
I've been working on my Apex with my new setup and its getting time to remove the Ethernet cable running across two rooms. With my computer skills its the step I've been putting off and dreading the most. Not looking for detailed instructions but generally is it as bad as I imagine, do I need any special module?

Thanks,

Jim

The wireless adapter wasn't working for me because the signal from my router was weak where I have the Apex. For around $40 I got at Amazon the "electric internet connection adapter ". Plugs beside your router. From the router to the connector you plug your ethernet wire. The signal use the electric wires of the house. You plug the other end where the Apex is. And connect it to the Apex with the ethernet wire......EXCELENT. never a lost of signal.

Now I have my computer in the same way. Faster than wireless.

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
Any wireless bridge will work. They are all pretty much plug and play

I just bought a USB type and did some more reading Apex states in their manual that USB type will not work. My problem is that I'm really bad with computer stuff, I just ordered from Amazon the Apex recommended "Netgear WNCE 2001". I think this is going to be everything I feared it would be.

Jim

I just bought a USB type and did some more reading Apex states in their manual that USB type will not work. My problem is that I'm really bad with computer stuff, I just ordered from Amazon the Apex recommended "Netgear WNCE 2001". I think this is going to be everything I feared it would be.

Jim

It's very simple to setup. All you need to do is connect the adapter to your laptop or computer. Disable any wireless connection on the computer, connect the adapter to the computer, open up windows explorer(I tried using chrome and mozilla and didn't work with these) and the computer should recognize the adapter, then the adapter will start the setup automatically. And that's pretty much it.

The apex only uses cat5 (ethernet) connection to connect to the web. So no anything USB won't work.

Yes but a laptop can use usb to set up a lan connection the apex is not "smart" enough to do it. Your Bridge needs an input that hooks to the ethernet slot.

You want something like this. You plug the apex into this like you would into your router then it takes that connection to the router wirelessly. I hope that makes sense. As others stated you may need to plug it into your computer to set it up. But must of themy are pretty plug and play these days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005N...ess+bridge&dpPl=1&dpID=31zaU+CvKjL&ref=plSrch

Thanks to everyone for the advice I see this was much simpler than I anticipated, got the adapter today and had it running 10 minutes later. Things with computers don't usually go that way with me.

Jim

Back