ATO, yes or no?

Well I just pulled the trigger on an ATO, now I just have to wait for it to arrive from Marine depot. So since I have to wait you all can wait with me to find out what I purchased. I will be posting a photo once I have the ATO in my hands. Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions everyone.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATO is best purchase I ever made for my tank. I use the JBJ ATO with Tom's Aqualifter. whole setup less than $100. Float switch's rant' as reliable as optical like Tunze, but if you clean them regularly theres no issue. Had mine for 2 years and still works like a charm.

In the old days before ATO's were out on the market I used to use the Kent Marine float valve that was designed to work with their R/O units. I used it gravity feed to the valve in the sump and it worked well. But since the new ATO's have become affordable I use the JBJ ATO. I have had no issues with the float switches at all. Once a week, when I fill my 5 gallon resivior, I check the switch in the sump to make sure it's free of any debris that could impair operation.

I could never go away from an ATO. I have a JBJ and for my tank it is more than sufficient

100% agree you won't regret the ATO! Honestly every piece I've automated has made the hobby that much more enjoyable. My functions right now are to make sure my alk/calcium and RO containers are full, put food in the tank, and clean up after my biggest turbo snail blazes a path of destruction.

Well it came today and has been put in the sump. Still need to dial it in but here is what I went with.

358c90ab385a0317b7440c6e3d869fb6.jpg

585e191f948a66f5869833486b0087d5.jpg

I am going to have to rearrange the sump at some point but for now this is what I have. This is my first Tunze product I'm sure that I won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats! I'm sure you're gonna love no matter the brand. It'll make your life so much easier, so much so you'll notice it the first day. It looks like you're using suction cups. I would reccomend using a rigid mount. Less chance that the cups will lose suction and the unit will malfunction.

You have arrived LOL!!

Last edited:
No suction cup with the Tunze nice strong magnets. I also installed a new Tunze a couple of months ago I really like it.

Jim

I couldn't do with out mine... I have ATO's ( home made) in two of my tanks... I'd put one in the 20G bow front if it was practical.

Sweet looking set up.

Back