Sold Avast k1 kalk stirrer FS lowered price again

wdebenedettojr

BRS Member
I have had the kalk stirrer for about a year but it was only being used for about 2-3 months. Everything works great. I just cleaned it all out and it’s ready to go. $175. P/u in Tewksbury. I can send a video of the stirrer working for anyone that is looking for that or more pictures. Send me a message and I can text the pics/videos
66F6CFDD-00DE-4059-9EF1-4C0F98712C7A.jpeg

These are the stirrers I use and love them. Keeps the PH at nice 11.9 - 12.1.... very close to fully saturated Kalk. You can't go wrong pick this up.

These are the stirrers I use and love them. Keeps the PH at nice 11.9 - 12.1.... very close to fully saturated Kalk. You can't go wrong pick this up.
I'm assuming you meant KH. I shutoff my stirrer because it kept my kh high (10-11) and I didn't know if that was good or not.

I'm assuming you meant KH. I shutoff my stirrer because it kept my kh high (10-11) and I didn't know if that was good or not.
No I did mean PH. That’s how you can tell how saturated the Kalk is. If your Alk is rising too high you just have to adjust the amount of Kalk you’re dosing. I always dose Kalk with a dosing pump opposed to adding it in the ATO. I feel like that is a mistake in most applications.

Also note the avast kalk stirrer is designed to always stirrer.

The high pH is in the kalkwasser supernatant, not the tank. The tank pH will benefit too, but not be near 12!

Just realized he meant the PH in the stirrer. I saw someone on youtube that runs his stirrer for 15 min every 2 hours and that's how I set it up on the apex. I dose very small amounts with a litermeter. These stirrers are super effective.

Back