been a while....

Heres a favia I started from a hunk three or so polyps... I guess this one is getting too much light too!!!:D

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 408
And one more that started out as a three polyp frag.. ( I actually have a post of this one growing out I believe) somewhere in the bowels of the website!!

Attachments

• MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
I think I'll post another of this one!!:p taken the same day as the other one on page one...I took a second one cause of the snail on the right side eating..

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 419
pink table

under the table...(the infamous cleaning station....)

Attachments

• MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 397
Heres a favia I started from a hunk three or so polyps... I guess this one is getting too much light too!!!:D

IME with favias and chalices as well is they lose a little color and start to look transparent when they are getting too much light. They still grow very well just look a bit faded, thats how that one looked to me in your pic thats why I asked if it was getting too much light. Thats also why I asked which one it was, without knowing what favia it is its hard to tell. Just an observation Sorry if you took that any other way B. Its a beautiful piece.

Last edited:
Wow

"In your experience"....Do you think I have experience? Maybe.......... but I guess somewhere in the last 6 months you have surpassed my hobby experience.:rolleyes:

If this sounds harsh...I'm sorry...

It's not like I think I'm above anyone by no means....Just.... when you call someone out on their thread about a peice & it's needs....It can be taken as an insult...(not just by me I may add) & for me personally it irritates me...

For the record....
Though I do have peices in my tank that get too much light from time to time...This is not one of them...(& BTW do you think I would even post a pic of something that was getting bleached out without stating it???)

IDK .....I have seen alot of beginers in the hobby mature over the years.....tons, I may add ....But.... I never get used to being insulted by one of them as their hobby experince grows..

If anyone is offended...sorry.....I shoot from the hip & say what I feel...Nothing to try & figure out with me....:eek:

Keep up the faith people & happy reefin...;)

& BTW...no need for an edit in my post....

And my edit was only to add on the end that it is a beautiful piece. Touchy subject praising your lighting, I guess

Hey B, any tips on how to get my favia to grow into a ball like yours? Mine are twice the size of the frag disks they came on but seem to be just growing out, disk-like.
Any tips??

You know what? I was gonna be gracefull and bow out of this, but since you felt the need to atack my character and experience on the open forum then WTFN. Here goes:

First off I was not calling you out, I am now. I have been a member here since 07 thats 3 years if you can add. I have been reefing 2 years before that. I also had a fish only for 3 years when I was in my teens, so yes I have experience. Not 6 months worth many years worth. Definately enough to make a coment like I did if it seems a coral may be getting too much light, and why get so easily ofended? You act so high and mighty. Like only you are worthy to make comments about corals. Nobody can even sugest anything to you or you have a fit.

I shoot from the hip too. Maybe you should lighten up a little. Everyone on this forum has enough experience to make suggestions, if you didn't think your so much better then everyone at reefing why say the things you do about newbies all the time.

I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that above post....:)

Hey B, any tips on how to get my favia to grow into a ball like yours? Mine are twice the size of the frag disks they came on but seem to be just growing out, disk-like.
Any tips??

Notch out a round peice of reef rubble & wedge the frag into it without the disc...you can use super glue to attach it so it doesn't fall out...

here's a thread below to show how I do it (usually but not on the one in the first pic...) hence the statment I made on post one

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71446

HTH ;)

B

Hmm..Interesting tip, I will have to try that! That is great to know where I am such an LPS nut...I am getting a nice brain from somebody soon that is round like a ball.

Very Nice pieces and Pictures. But what I do love is the post new arrival and how to mount it. One day I'm going to go to all your old posts and learn something new. Hope everything is well and keep taking pictures of your beautiful reef. I also like the one maintenance your pump I like things clean. :D See, I still post ;)

Hmm..Interesting tip, I will have to try that! That is great to know where I am such an LPS nut...I am getting a nice brain from somebody soon that is round like a ball.
glad you like it...

Very Nice pieces and Pictures. But what I do love is the post new arrival and how to mount it. One day I'm going to go to all your old posts and learn something new. Hope everything is well and keep taking pictures of your beautiful reef. I also like the one maintenance your pump I like things clean. :D See, I still post ;)
Thank you, Ronnie....Like the title of the post said ...been a while...sometimes I ponder if I should even bother...I'm glad some out there like it...You never saw that post on mounting a new arrival? I was posting more stuff like that a while back...just haven't had time lately & staying too long in the sitting position to type at the pc has been hard lately... (been standing & laying for the good part of 4 plus months...) sucks....One positive...more standing..more working...more things getting done...Can't totally complain.....Hope all is well with you....;)

B

Thanks again for the tip B, I have tons of pieces that Im gonna try that out with.
I always look forward to your photos and tips, Ive been in this game for awhile but always feel like I have a ton to learn.
Gotta make it over and see your tank one of these days!

Back