Bipartus Wrasse Question

charged45

Non-member
Hello,
Hoping someone w/Leopard wrasse knowledge can help. My male Bipartus has been picking on the female. I put a mirror on one side and that seems to keep him occupied. Not sure if its because there is not a 3rd or if this is normal. Both have been in my tank for over 2 years. Seems like he's picking on her more now than before. Would adding another Bipartus help?

Thank You

Is your male a completely changed over male or a changing male.
A changing male is really nasty. I was never successful at pairing up mine(single changing male) with another. Killed a lot of leopard. The bastard. When I change my tank over, I'm going to completely add new trio from the start.

Mine started as a trio. 1 didn't make it. He is fully converted to a male. Would I be able to add another?

It was like a switch. Soon as he was full he could stand having the female around, but if he was hungry it was relentless chasing. The female would have to go in the sand for the rest of the day.

At least 2 feedings, 3 even better per day is what I recommend. Adding another wrasse would just add to the food competition in his eyes, he won't like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back