Blonde naso tang

Kevin McG

Ni Hao!
Took a little ride to AA today and my wife fell in love with a blonde naso tang they have,the thing is awesome!

We refrained from buying,I think we should wait a bit for that type of fish but was wondering if any of you guys and gals have one? and what has your experience with them been?

I have had one for a number of years now he was a save from one of the stores have to say one of my favorite fish good personality eats outta my hands and I can catch him with my hands if need be for some reason but they are pigs and very rarely sleep he cruises the tank no matter what time I get upto look in it he is cruising I swear he smells me coming and begs for food

I have kept one for the last 3 years. Great fish, gentle disposition.....but they can get really large (up to 8 or 10") so make sure there is plenty of room left in your tank.

He has got the room!...just make sure you plan your fish in advance to this one...you mentioned you wanted a hippo or powder blue before....so just try to plan what you want and go for that. I know its hard.

Yeah, if that powder blue on your avatar is in your tank, it will probably harrass the naso big time. I added a sohol tang with my powder blue and within 10 minutes the sohol had slash marks all over it. I took the powder blue out and he lived in my fuge for about 3 or 4 days. When I put him back into the main tank, they were fine and are still fine. Nasos aren't nearly as aggressive as powder blue IME, but are very attractive fish that will grow big. I like the streamers they get also........

ReeferMedic said:
Yeah, if that powder blue on your avatar is in your tank, it will probably harrass the naso big time. I added a sohol tang with my powder blue and within 10 minutes the sohol had slash marks all over it. I took the powder blue out and he lived in my fuge for about 3 or 4 days. When I put him back into the main tank, they were fine and are still fine. Nasos aren't nearly as aggressive as powder blue IME, but are very attractive fish that will grow big. I like the streamers they get also........

The avatar is only a picture, I only have a few fish in my tank. i do plan on having a couple of tang species but am not sure what kinds just yet.

2 green chromis
1 false percula
1 royal gamma
1 six line wrasse
1 pennant bannerfish(Heniochus diphreutes)
2 cleaner shrimp
1 blood red shrimp

If you plan on adding 2 tangs, I would decide which two and add them together. I added a powder blue and a naso together in one system and they got along fine. Any tang I added after that, the powder blue would not tolerate. I had to give away a yellow tang a while back because he wouldn't stop beating on it, and if the yellow was in there first, it probably would have been the other way around.......

Back