BRS Chaetomorpha test

For the price, it is still a waste of money. There are plenty of inexpensive and more powerful LED grow light on the market. BTW, Kessil is not among the top 10 best LED for plant growers. Go figure.
Love the debates, but until you try one out....don't knock it just yet.;)

The best take home message of these studies is that refugium works. (actually, large refugium works, look at the size ratio of refugium vs display size).
In terms of lighting, higher power light works better.

The best take home message of these studies is that refugium works. (actually, large refugium works, look at the size ratio of refugium vs display size).
In terms of lighting, higher power light works better.
This is true...you need a large refugium to be affective.

For horticulture lighting, the light spectrum has been studied so long and so in depth (very big market compare to aquarium) that there is no magic spectrum and no secret.
Everyone use similar spectrum, the competition is more power and lower price.
If you ask around, serious plant growers choose other LED with higher power, more coverage and lower cost.

Here's a couple specs on the H380 in the thumbnails. If you are going to have a refugium, make sure the light has strong par.

Attachments

• IMG_9048.PNG
    IMG_9048.PNG
    447.6 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_9049.PNG
    IMG_9049.PNG
    727.1 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_9050.PNG
    IMG_9050.PNG
    513.3 KB · Views: 331
Fr example, for $77 shipped, you can buy a 9 band full spectrum 270w LED: (430~440nm, 450~460nm, 610~615nm, 620~630nm, 650~660nm, white, IR , UV 380~400nm, 470nm)
Kessil H series LED is no where near that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...4-466b-8c26-2639359664eb&pf_rd_i=desktop&th=1
Currently Kessil and AI are getting together and will be plotting against dz6t.:confused: ( i'm going to stay out of it) lol.

I always had an algae problem until I did two new things. A) got 2 kessil H380 B) purchased 3 marine pure bio blocks my tank looks insane now.

Back