bulkhead question for RR 125

new2saltyfish

Non-member
i have a RR AGA 125 that im in the process of setting up and am having a hard time with bulkheads. I need 2 1 inch and 2 3/4 inch bulkheads. I went to lowes and they didnt have anything that said bulkhead(guessing thats an aquarium term) but they did have unions. My question is what am i looking for exactly. on the boxes at lowes it says 11/2-1...is that a like the 1inch bulkhead like im looking for??? If not wheres a noob place that i can get what i need haha

You've just got to get them from a fish store. HD/lowes won't have any idea what you're talking about.

Check with Skiptons, and the few salem NH stores.

Also be aware that there are "bulkheads", and there are "schedule 80 heavy duty bulkheads" which need a slightly larger hole. Unless otherwise specified, we are usually talking about the regular bulkheads.

I just picked up 4 of them at Jays in Salem NH. I didn't clean him out, it's a regular stocked item that salt/reef LFS carry. Have fun next comes plumbing. Tip, get extras and hold on to receipts.

ok guys i appreciate it. My current setup doesn't have a sump so this whole plumbing thing is new to me. Ill have to head up to jay's.

Back