Bulkheads for Rubbermaid stock tanks?

MikeG

Non-member
What do most people use? I imagine you replace the bulkhead that comes with it as it is a piece of junk that won't stop leaking! The only bulkheads I have laying around are schedule 80 and are to big for the hole. This is no problem as I can just cut the hole bigger, although I would also have to grind down the 2 strips that run vertically nevt to the bulkhead as well because they are in the way for the 1.5" bulkhead I have. Do any schedule 40 bulkheads fit without modification?

From my quick search, looks like Delta did the same thing I am thinking of and worked for him. Guess I will do the same thing.

Last edited:
Somebody may have come up with something, but all past posts I have read, they said they ground the two strips.

Mike, I wrapped my plug in teflon tape and never had a problem afterwards. I would highly recomment leaving that plug alone and drilling new holes.
M.

Mike, I wrapped my plug in teflon tape and never had a problem afterwards. I would highly recomment leaving that plug alone and drilling new holes.
M.
I tried the tape, and it is still leaking. It ios now leaking from where the gasket is. Not sure if it is the inside or outside gasket, but it is a slow drip. Before it was leaking from the nut on the outside, but after I taped it it stopped. I also added more tape to the plug, but that hasn't leaked yet. Guess I will have to try to take it apart and dry the gaskets again and see if it stops.

You can also use silicone lubricant or vaseline on both sides of the gasket to help get a water tight seal.

BTW, where did you get your stock tank from?

Monick Supply in Marlboro, $74 for a 100 gallon. It is a special order item but no cost for delivery to the store.
You can also use silicone lubricant or vaseline on both sides of the gasket to help get a water tight seal.

BTW, where did you get your stock tank from?

Back