Capricorns death GRRRRRRR

Corwyn

I am in Raynham
OK, so what on earth would kill a capricornis just about overnight?????

I git this piece from Bec about 9 months ago.
It was about 1 -1.5". Since then it grew to about 6-8" diameter with multiple layers. It was totally fine on Sunday when the lights went off.
I left to go out of town Monday morning and just got home about noon.

At least 2/3rds of it is pure white with no tissue at all.
Everything else in in the tank is fine with the exception of a leather coral. ( I don't know what kind now it was a cutting someone gave me that also more than quadrupled in size since. It seems to be desolving)

I checked all the water perams. Everything is fine the only noticable cahnge is that DKH droped to about 6.5 from 8. I have several acro peices and a Hadonni among other things in the tank that are totally fine.

Corwyn

Hey Corwyn -

What color cap was that? I can replace anything but orange... which I lost myself in a frag tank tumble (the frags tumbled, not the tank). IF there's any flesh left on the last 1/3... chop that thing up and make a few frags before it's all gone.

Sounds like maybe the dissolve of that leather did in the monti. I don't know enough about soft corals to know whether the dKH drop would have caused the leather to go... but it's worth a few questions to someone who does. A melting softie can take out SPS in a flash. You might consider a water change to dilute whatever yuck that leather left behind.

Let me know about the monti and I'll be sure you get another... if I've still got it.

bec

Beats me but if you post some pictures and/or post what other parameters you tested some people might have some ideas.

There could be a number of factors..some chemical warfare going on, or a voltage leak..etc.

Yeah, my first guess was a temperature or pH spike (or drop) while you were out.

I had the same siuation exactly, small frag(orange)grew to large multi layered
and started turning white from center out, two weeks ago. I have one baby fingernail sized frag left.

Looks like the frags swaps are going to come full circle. Orange Cap in high demand. lol

Back