Chewy’s price on Instant Ocean salts skyrocketed

luu78

BRS Member
I had to cancel my autoship from Chewy since its almost twice as much for Instant Ocean salt. Does this have anything to do with the recent Tropic Marin salt quality concern? Oh boy….

I just buy the 50 gallon bags when they are on sale. Right now regular IO on Chewy is $9.93 per bag and Reef Crystals on Amazon is $7.63 per bag but they limit you to 3 so I have other people order me some. Can't beat $24 for 150 gallons of mix!

Yeah I just bought 50g bags for <$10 each. Have they gone up past that?

I just started an autoshipment with Petsmart just now for the 160 gallon buckets. Let’s see if they will deliver as promised. Fingers crossed. Chewy wanted $80+ for the 160 gal bucket. Crazy..

You have to watch auto shipment. They charge you whatever the current price is. I have it but keep an eye on prices on my calendar chu check cầm men pro just in case Soli Petrus off this reasons Paris
You have to watch auto shipment. They charge you whatever the current price is. I have it but keep an eye on prices
I put it on my calendar to check on the current price a few days pior to the next autoshipment solely for this reason.

OH CRAP! Good thing you mentioned it! This is how I get my salt.

• Item(s) Subtotal:$86.41

50g bags are still <$10 on Amazon. I mix 50 g at a time so that works easiest as I can just dump in the bag and adjust from a bucket

50g bags are still <$10 on Amazon. I mix 50 g at a time so that works easiest as I can just dump in the bag and adjust from a bucket
you can only buy 3... I received my 3 and tried ordering again but it wouldn't let me..

I was doing the same thing for a while with the 50gal bags, it did seem to be a much better price and if you do the Subscribe and save you get even better discount

you can only buy 3... I received my 3 and tried ordering again but it wouldn't let me..
Have someone else you know order them and send them to your house. They will go back to regular price then you can order 3 more when they go on sale again. Like I stated previously, you cannot beat $24 for 150 gallons of mix!

I ordered three 50g bags over the weekend. I got two of them yesterday and the third today.

Guys,
I saw a big pallet of 200G IO boxes at Jays Aquatic. I didn’t ask for the price but get your lazy a** out there and support the lfs.
Also our sponsor BluelightAquatic carries 200G IO box at a very reasonable price. These boxes contains 4 bags of 50G mix. I’ve been doing this for years.

Guys,
I saw a big pallet of 200G IO boxes at Jays Aquatic. I didn’t ask for the price but get your lazy a** out there and support the lfs.
Also our sponsor BluelightAquatic carries 200G IO box at a very reasonable price. These boxes contains 4 bags of 50G mix. I’ve been doing this for years.
Asked blue light about this, he checked with the rep and it looks like they cannot do any deal now but told me to circle back.

I love the idea of group buys from sponsors

Back