Clean those pumps - friendly reminder

JohnK

Staff member
BRS Member
Ahh yes, this is another one of my "check out the dumb thing I did" threads.

Just a friendly reminder, clean those pumps regularly, even good old "bulletproof externals''!

Tonight was to be my relax night, but alas, no. Now it's my "soak in vinegar then scrub the impeller, meanwhile flush out the Ca reactor" night.

Came home to find my skimmer pump, a rock solid Pan World 100PX, frozen with Ca deposits. Add to that headache, I have my Ca reactor tee'd off of that pump so my ARM media is looking like a milkshake :( .

I swear I cleaned that pump like 3 wks ago,,,, Or was it 18 months ago?

Enough of my troubles, just reminding everyone to clean their pumps on a regular schedule so they don't have to do it in a pinch when they don't want to.

It may be unpleaseant...but I bet it's better than that night the dog was locked in your room :D

Is it a pump frozen day? ;)

This morning when i got up and check the tank, temperature was 75.6. Thought the heater die on me but the light on the heater was on. Have the heater on the sump that connected to my frag tank, it heat up the frag tank but no the display tank. Took me few minutes to find out the return pump wasn't running, that explain why the display tank's temp drop. First time clean the pump for over 6 months :( my mistake.

Lisa, yea your right, the dog disaster was worse :)

Richard, I forget, what kind of return pump are you running?

Nope, the only thing this one stressed out was me.

Umm, Clean mag drives often, IME they freeze up easily.

Back