clownfish pair question

Marie

Non-member
I bought a pr of occy clownfish from a petstore in Worcester, and one dies 48 hrs later. The other is still in the QT tank. (6 days since purchase, and seems fine)
So... I have heard they should be introduced at the same time... and I now only have 1. Should I buy a 2nd one from a different store (say the lfs in Auburn that guarantees for 14 days?)
and if so, should I put it in the QT tank with the other one then introduce to the DT at the same time?
.. or??? any advice?

Get either a larger one or smaller than the one in the tank right now. They should be fine.

Since the other clown is in QT and is being watched for whatever caused the other's demise, personally I wouldn't risk adding another to the QT. I'd give that one a solid 2-4 weeks alone in QT and be darn sure he was healthy, and then get the second one (another small one).

I don't think the extra 2-4 weeks in the main tank is going to make a difference in 2 juvies pairing up, but then again I've never paired up clowns, so maybe someone else knows otherwise.

Or, if you've got the stuff laying around, do another 5-10g QT and get the second one, and then add them from their separate QTs into the DT at the same time.

Back