Congratulations, Reefkeeper2!

Congrats Paul. I knew it would only be a matter of time before your beautiful tank was up there.

RIck

just saw that and was going to start a thread myself... but then i saw this!

Very cool paul, i'll have have to come over and check out your operation some time....

Congratulations Paul! That is one hell of an honor. Not only were your pics beautiful; but,
your write up was excellent, too. Good for you! :D You have one amazing and beautiful tank!

You practically live next door so you have no excuse not to come check it out. Really though, anyone is welcome. I love showing it off and talking tank. There is usually a crowd over when the club has a meeting near Bridgewater too.

Congrats on the honor... Kinda makes that small BRS TOTM trophy seem a little smaller doesn't it? :D

Congrats on the honor... Kinda makes that small BRS TOTM trophy seem a little smaller doesn't it

Not at all. The people on reef central are peers, and it's an honor. The BRS TOTM is also an honor, but this is where I live, and the people here are my friends.:)

SaltCreep What is that little black beast sitting on the ottoman?

An elusive and noisy dachshund named Cosmo. His equally noisesome and elusive companion in mischief is Binkley, who can be see plainly in the stand section of the article.

You practically live next door so you have no excuse not to come check it out. Really though, anyone is welcome. I love showing it off and talking tank. There is usually a crowd over when the club has a meeting near Bridgewater too.

Glad to hear it Paul.. Maybe i'll have to see if my buddy mike in Stoughton would want to come check out the operation too.

On a side note, how come with a system like that i never see you selling frags? Got enough room for all the colonies to grow out to huge sizes anyways, so no need to clip?

congrats, Paul...Nice write up...;) His setup is just......jaw droppingly beautiful...

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I'm going to get a big head if this keeps up. :D
Joel, I've been thinking about a frag tank for a while. I can't decide exactly how I want to do it though. I'm on a mission to keep my electric bill down, so I have to be creative.

Well deserved Paul.

The entire room is incredible. I can't let Heather see it though :) I don't want to give her any ideas :)

Very nice! What an amazingly well designed and thought out system. 30 years eh? Very cool ...

Thanks guys, I'm going to get a big head if this keeps up. :D
Joel, I've been thinking about a frag tank for a while. I can't decide exactly how I want to do it though. I'm on a mission to keep my electric bill down, so I have to be creative.

well, you could just T an existing return pump to feed it, then drain it back down into the sump i suppose.. that way all of the water from your main system is incorporated right into it...

then depending on size maybe an efficient powerhead or two which can run as low as like 6w, then all you gotta do is light it.

Seems like it would be a fairly efficient set-up, only issue is whether or not your existing return pump is strong enough or if you'd have to utilize a different one to do the job.

congrats Paul,a well deserved honor for all the hard work you have put into that tank.

Congratulations Paul, nice writeup and a great tank. I loved it when I first saw it in the BRS TOTM section.

Paul, after reading the article, it seems like you have several different things going on for nutrient extraction.

You have a DSB, Sulfur Denitrator, and you are dosing Vodka.

Do you find you need all 3 to keep your nutrients down? or is there another reason you are dosing vodka? I am thnking about removing my Sulfur denitrator now that the Vodka dosing seems to have gotten my nitrates down.

John

Back