Coral ID's

smartfish

Rob Smart
I have a couple corals that I do not have the names of. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_2552.jpg
    IMG_2552.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_2553.jpg
    IMG_2553.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_2635.jpg
    IMG_2635.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_2664.jpg
    IMG_2664.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 310
3 looks a bit like eye of rah zoos and 4 looks like an armor of the gods paly. The second is confusing me cuz of the tentacles, i am eager to hear what it is when someone id's it. I cant tell but the shape and tentacles lead me to think it an lps just not sure what.

the second one reminds me of a hydnophora but the colors and shape make it weird
it could be some kind of psamcora

Coral ID

First one looks like a bubble coral...

Thats cool it is about the size of maybe a nickel right now. It looks like it has the potential to get pretty big. Thanks

3 looks a bit like eye of rah zoos and 4 looks like an armor of the gods paly. The second is confusing me cuz of the tentacles, i am eager to hear what it is when someone id's it. I cant tell but the shape and tentacles lead me to think it an lps just not sure what.

Thanks you gave me more info than I had before. The first three pics are all hitch hikers so I am happy to know what they might be.

the second one reminds me of a hydnophora but the colors and shape make it weird
it could be some kind of psamcora

Thanks for chiming in, I will check these species out later.

#2 is a pavona coral. I have one myself.

I did not realize the Pavona had tentacles like this one. I have a huge Pavona and it has smaller fuzz looking tentacles. I like the color on this one. I took it out of my fuge about a week ago it was brown. Now it looks like it is coloring up nice. Thanks

Back