Coral Propagation tank

bruinsboy70

Non-member
Hello
I have a 90 gal tank that has been housing my eel for the last 6 months I am going to be transfering him to a larger tank and was thinking about turning the 90 gal into a coral propagation tank with some frags from my 110 gal reef tank.
Any suggestions as to what would be the best way to accomplish this?
:.

Everyone wants to be a coral farmer. I hope you are successful, and even more, I hope that you live near me!

^^^^ Lol
Don`t run a frag tank my self, but I would think PVC and Eggracte, BareBottom, Awesome Lights, Perfect Water, Alot of Flow, Bright Lights!

In my build I "wired in" a 40B to use as a frag tank. Last week I built a frag rack out of egg-crate and 2" PVC. I made the legs 5" high. For a light I'm temporarily using a Ecoxotic Panorama LED fixture just sitting on some glass covers. I have it connected to a power outlet on my Apex Jr. EB8 module and turn the lights on/off automatically.

I may pull things out to make the frag rack a little smaller. I left enough room to get it in and move side-to-side/back-and-forth, but I think more room so I can get under it easier would be better. I'm also going to make a second level for things that need to be higher up.

Also need to get some snails or something for the frag tank to help with algae.

In my build I "wired in" a 40B to use as a frag tank. Last week I built a frag rack out of egg-crate and 2" PVC. I made the legs 5" high. For a light I'm temporarily using a Ecoxotic Panorama LED fixture just sitting on some glass covers. I have it connected to a power outlet on my Apex Jr. EB8 module and turn the lights on/off automatically.

I may pull things out to make the frag rack a little smaller. I left enough room to get it in and move side-to-side/back-and-forth, but I think more room so I can get under it easier would be better. I'm also going to make a second level for things that need to be higher up.

Also need to get some snails or something for the frag tank to help with algae.

Thanks alot

Back