Coral to host clowns

itreef

Non-member
I am getting a pair of true Percula Clowns and I would like to host them in a coral not anemone. I never had luck with anemones, they always ended up herting them selves either in the power heads or the overflow. For corals I was thinking either anchor, hammer, or similar.

Any one have any suggestions for coral? Any suggestions for how to entice the clowns to adapt the host? I also heard that clowns can also host in some soft corals. It this true and if it is, which ones?

Thanks a lot.

Igor

I have a set of maroons that hang out in a toadstool leather.

I don't know if this is common though?

These clowns have been together since the beginning of 2003 and and are quite settled. It took them quite a long time to start taking to the toadstool, and they seemed to irritate it some, (causing it to retract polyps where the clowns would be) but after some months the leather more or less got used to it and stopped reacting to the clowns. Right now the female clown is sitting in the polyps and they are staying fully open.

My Percs also do the branching hammer thing.

Sometimes together.....sometimes female underneath the coral and male on top in the polyps....it's weird.

Mine host in a leather... only because their anenome got sucked into a maxijet. Have been in there for about a year now.

Back