Daylight savings?

Bunkers

Non-member
I'm sure its been discussed but I didn't see anything after a quick search, but is it best to have your reef tank not observe daylight savings time? Does it stress out corals when the lights suddenly come on an hour earlier or later due to computers/controllers automatically adjusting their clocks?

For those with Apex controllers, is there an easy way to avoid this or do you have to change each of your timing parameters separately?

Am I over-thinking this?

Thanks, Joe

I keep everything the same. Matter of fact I want to start a petition to end daylight savings time. It's useless.

I do nothing as well. The only adjustments I make are to accommodate my own viewing schedule.

I agree, go to work in the dark. Come home in the dark. What's the difference? I still have to go to work...

hey if your apex does not automatically update the day light saving, what is wrong with doing it yourself. what is a big deal.
there are alot of other things in the tank to worry and not this day light saving thing.

I do nothing as well. The only adjustments I make are to accommodate my own viewing schedule.

I agree, go to work in the dark. Come home in the dark. What's the difference? I still have to go to work...

Same here.... change the clocks ( on the timers) not the on/off times...

Just to clarify, if I do nothing than the Apex DOES adjust for daylight savings time, which seems like it could stress the tank. Just wondering if people override these defaults.

Back