December 2007 Photo Contest

I allow artist interpretation during the December contest. Feel free to express your self as contestants have in past December contests :)

Previous contest submission for example
contest.jpg

Having a hard time slipping in that reef related gift for your self?

Why not join the photo contest and take a shot at winning a $50.00
gift certificate to the BRS sponsor of your choice :)

I am going to extend the deadline to Wednesday 26th given the holiday and all.

FYI as this question came up recently this contest is funded from the proceeds from the BRS calendar. The sponsors are given the money for the gift certificates you recieve, if you win.
I hope this clears up any misunderstanding that may exist. I do hope we can continue the contest although alot of work goes into keeping it running I feel everyone enjoys seeing all the great photos submitted every month. However I really hope we can get some more participation.

Not sure exactly what you mean, so...the gifts are not from the sponsors....why do they place their name on it?

Merry Christmas,

Jim

They don't anymore, the calendar produces enough money to purchase gift certificates from the sponsors.
So you can pick the sponsor you like or is close and buy what you want.

We found this solved a whole host of problems. #1 everyone wins
Sponsors get back from the club, members can use the certificate towards something they really want. It has allowed us to run the contest every month since we started running it with calendar funding without having any issues with where the prizes would come from.

When I started some of the prizes where donated from members.

Just so you know Jim we also increased the file size

no larger than 800x600 pixels, and no bigger than 150KBytes;

Last night :eek: but I will take photos until 5pm tomorrow
should anyone get the urge :)

I do hope we can continue the contest although alot of work goes into keeping it running I feel everyone enjoys seeing all the great photos submitted every month. However I really hope we can get some more participation.

Love the contest and appreciate all the hard work keeping it going, thanks Greg. BTW, I'd love it more if I won one.;):D

Back