Epoxy and aptaisa

luu78

BRS Member
Hi everyone,

33BCFCF7-9CB8-4100-B1A0-DC82F1DFC4AB.jpeg
I got an aptaisa on my rockscape that is getting bigger and becoming a big eyesore since it’s so visible. The only thing I think I can do is quickly covering over it with epoxy filled with superglue seconds after giving it food so it shrinks up for better containment. I would never disturb an aptaisa while it’s in my tank, only removal outside of tank with fine brushes and rinse with wash bottle to rid of any potential stringy aptaisa spores. But this guy is on my cemented rockscape and cant be removed outside. Have anyone done this with any success? Please share your experience if you have covered aptaisa with superglued epoxy. Thanks in advance.

Not sure if it's the same or not, I used F Aptasia from Franks Tanks. Similar application, it creates a hard epoxy like crust, cause skimmer to overflow like crazy for a few days and now I have double the population of Aptasia in my DT. Just dropped 8 berghias in there this morning. Finger crossed. Love to hear the outcome.

Not sure if it's the same or not, I used F Aptasia from Franks Tanks. Similar application, it creates a hard epoxy like crust, cause skimmer to overflow like crazy for a few days and now I have double the population of Aptasia in my DT. Just dropped 8 berghias in there this morning. Finger crossed. Love to hear the outcome.
Where’d you snipe the berghias from?

Thanks. Hopefully I won’t have a bunch of aptasia sprouting out around the epoxy edges. Only time will tell, the aptasia are pretty indestructible. You should raise the berghias egg ribbons if you find them. They’re not common to come by nowadays..good luck with them!

Peppermint shrimp ate all of my Aiptasia in my 180. The only part of my system that gets them now is the refugium, where no peppermints are.

I did this treatment on a serious infestation. I sprayed with kalkwasser mix and then immediately epoxied. It took a couple rounds as some would escape but it worked. I then put aiptasia eating filefish in and it's controlled them since (tons in overflow box so I know the filefish is eating them). If it's small infestation, however, I'd go with peppermint shrimp first. That's always worked for me, but this tank had puffer and eel so couldn't go with shrimp.

Still no signs of aptaisa around the epoxy. The superglue-filled epoxy might’ve done the trick. Picture taken just now.
9DE98C27-36A8-409B-8CA1-7F0ACA873B81.jpeg

Back