Experience with Aqua Medic Dosing Pumps?

starrfish

Non-member
Does anyone have any experience with the Aqua Medic dosing pumps (the peristaltic pumps)? I had a bad experience a couple of years ago (the pump failed and the hose broke after a short period of time), but I'm thinking of giving them another shot to dose Randy's 3-part. I'd like to know if the pump doses the same amount regardless of the amount of liquid in the holding tank. In other words, does the pressure in the holding tank (depending on how much liquid is in there) effect the dosing rate?

Thanks

I have had the worn out hose problem repeatedly. I don't trust those pumps at all anymore.

I don't have any experience with this model but peristaltic pumps are a displacement type pump and immune to slight pressure changes as you described. Peristaltic pumps will dispense out a constant flow as long as the rotation of the pump head is constant.

Jim

Daire
I was thinking of trying the "aqualifters" like you use for the 3 part. are you thinking of going away from them? Have you had issues with them? What make and size are they?

i have used an aquamedic peristaltic pump for a year or so and i am still on the 1,st hose.It is important to lube the hose with a non silicon based lube periodically.The front just pops off to allow this.
Daire another option is the tunze pump,they are cheap enough,i'm not sure how they would hold up to kalk though.

I don't know what's up with that tubing. I had one last over a year, and 3 others that lasted no more than a few weeks. It gets annoying having to check another thing every day - when it is a thing that should be trouble free.

Anybody want to buy a pair of SP3000's that need new tubes?

I got one of the refurbed medical ones from http://www.innovativeaquatics.com/ with the heavy duty tubing and it's been going on months now without a problem. BTW some of their units are modified by them to use float switches and light sensors, as well as some have battery backup built in. Not sure if Aqua Medic support that...

-Mike

I don't know what's up with that tubing. I had one last over a year, and 3 others that lasted no more than a few weeks. It gets annoying having to check another thing every day - when it is a thing that should be trouble free.

Anybody want to buy a pair of SP3000's that need new tubes?

i will probably get home to find mine split now:D

Hey everyone - I haven't been online all week and just checked this post. Mike (Spivack), I have been using the aqualifters with no problems at all for a few years now. The only real issue is the pressure in the storage container. As it goes down during the week, the pressure is reduced and I think the aqualifter pumps out less volume. I just make sure I fill the storage containers every week to minimize the pressure reduction. I haven't really noticed any change in my parameters, so I should just leave it. It's just another "tweak" in the system that I'm considering.;) But overall I've been very happy with the aqualifters.

Liam and Mike (mloebl), I'll check out the ones you suggested. Jimmy, I had the same problem with those damn tubes. I'll probably just end up leaving it the way it is since it's working (knock, knock, knock on wood).:)

Thanks everyone -
Daire

My aquamedic dosing pumps all had hose probs as well, as did most of the ones I sold.. so I gave up on them along time ago.

Back