External Pump Plumbing help

AnthonyP

Non-member
I am planning to plumb in an external pump from my sump (bulkhead is already installed with 1" pvc and ball valve closed). I have a couple obstacles and have some questions or looking for advice.

The sump is elevated 12 inches off the ground and I do not have room to run more piping /unions straight out and elevate the pump to the exact height of the bulkhead to connect.

As it is now the sump is running with a mag pump inside and the bulkhead pipe and ball valve stick out 6 inches or so.

My questions are:

I plan on having the pump mounted on a piece of 3/4" plywood with styrofoam padding ON THE FLOOR about 10 inches below the sump - is that good enough?

Would it bo ok if I just elbow down from after the ball valve sits now and then elbow again to starighten it out and attach my unions or is this less than ideal?

Any ideas would be great - I will try and follow up with a photo

Thanks

This is the MASTER PLAN. Bringing a 120 Display online upstairs. I will start a build thread once I can get the finalized plumbing plan

Currently only the 4 tanks in the basement are running together with a mag 12 inside the return section t'd off to the top 2 tanks just like clockwork.

As you can see below the lower left corner is just valved off ready for the external pump to be connected along with all sorts of plumbing. I am not sure where to put valves, which type of pipe or spa flex to use and basically all that stuff. Also am unsure of the drain setup. Please help and make any and all plumbing suggestions so that the finalized plan will go off smoothely and I will not be facing a divorce! Thanks - Anthony

Plumbing Diagram.jpg

The bottom 2 tanks are raised about 12 inches off the floor so for the external pump should I build a box? Or could I just elbow it down and let the pump sit on the floor?

Put the elbow on it and run the pump on the floor. I run my pump about a foot below my sump without any problems!

Yea that sounds good to me. I think I will elbow down after that ball valve and then elbow in to the return pump on the floor

Back