Fighting Conch Question

Not to hitch hike here (can't help myself). What type of substrates do the conch's
like? Does it need to be superfine?

Mine is more like coffee grounds fine. Although, after almost 11 mos it is looking like
it is breaking down (getting finer). I'll keep that in mind before making any decisions
on a conch.
Thanks,
Eric

I have a big hermit and he harrasing all the other hermit and snails all day long.

Mine stayed in the sandbed (southdown). Not that I had him too long though. He was doing a good job cleaning the bed. Anyone looking for a nice, large electric blue hermit?

Dennis, you conch murderer...LOL....in my experience crabs will attack anything that will not bite back....I do have small hermit crabs and I think they do a great job cleaning...but you need lots. I also have snails....some get eaten by the crabs but some have been in my tank since the beginning....I know, I am a snail murderer....LOL

Im not sure if someone responded, but I think fighting conchs stay on the sandbed, while queens will move up the rocks and glass...

I think i had a queen that was sold to me as a fighting conch and it was on the glass all the time, didn't like the sandbed. My fighting conch I got from cra has been doing a great job on the sandbed. I love it.

i have two conchs that live in the sand... come out at night and only when i feed during the day.. slime everything as they move along... any ideas what they might be?

My Queen Conch is all over the tank. Sand, Rock, and Glass. When I bought my queen conch I thought I had read that they don't get any bigger then 3". Anyone know how large they will get?

Back