WTB Fiji Yellow Leather

I bought one from bluezoo aquatics. And it’s really not very yellow! Pretty much just tan, definitely a ripoff. When I complained someone called and explained how they’re not as yellow as they used to be collected.(But it didn’t stop them from advertising with a very yellow photo.) Declined to offer any way to make it right. Not buying coral from them again.

I bought one from bluezoo aquatics. And it’s really not very yellow! Pretty much just tan, definitely a ripoff. When I complained someone called and explained how they’re not as yellow as they used to be collected.(But it didn’t stop them from advertising with a very yellow photo.) Declined to offer any way to make it right. Not buying coral from them again.
Good to know. I was debating to get one from tidalgarden or vivid aquarium. >$150 for a soft coral isnt an easy decision

Looks less yellow than standard parazoanthus yellow polyps or yellow/brown Turbinaria. This is even with whites at 100% and blues 0%. Shape looks possibly ok to be Sarcophyton elegans, maybe I’ll move it up and see if it goes more yellow but kind of a bust for $100, oof.
15B96527-9867-402F-AF3C-ED2653234B34.jpeg

Looks less yellow than standard parazoanthus yellow polyps or yellow/brown Turbinaria. This is even with whites at 100% and blues 0%. Shape looks possibly ok to be Sarcophyton elegans, maybe I’ll move it up and see if it goes more yellow but kind of a bust for $100, oof. View attachment 190997
Whats the growth rate like for you

It’s growing, only had it a few months but maybe 30-50% bigger? Just measured, it’s at about 250-300 midday PAR so I don’t know if more light will really do a lot for color. Anyone know best PAR to make them more yellow?

It’s growing, only had it a few months but maybe 30-50% bigger? Just measured, it’s at about 250-300 midday PAR so I don’t know if more light will really do a lot for color. Anyone know best PAR to make them more yellow?
its weird but always find mine best colored and groth in dirty water

Dirty, like high nitrates? My tank is pretty low nutrient. I started dosing KNO3 recently and had a dinoflagellates bloom so I stopped for now. But nitrates basically stay at 0 despite moderate to heavy feeding

Back