fluorescent yellow algae????

szambodi

BRS Member
Hello, I seem to be growing some bright yellow algae and not sure if I should start to worry. My tank is about 10 weeks old 72 gallon 100lbs of live rock 70 lbs of petsmart live sand in a bag. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• yellow.jpg
    yellow.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,792
not 100% sure but seeing your tank is on the new side I'd have to say it's the beginning of coralline algae, as coralline algae begins to grow it sometimes can appear as a lime green coating.

You are probably fine. I agree with Hunter. Just be sure that you don't stock your new tank too quickly and start feeding like crazy. Things can get out of hand fairly quick in a new tank. Are you using RO/DI water in your new tank. It would be very smart of you if you are. Remember, bad things happen quickly and good things take a while.

Sounds normal. Your tank is still relativly new. Give it time, Sounds like your off to a good start, got a full tank shot?

Not to worry thats a new tank.And when the dark slime grows on your live petsmart sand not to worry,its all part of starting a saltwater tank.Diffrent algea blooms can and will happen for up to a year or more.You can siphon scrape wire brush all you want,dont sweat it.Just about when your going loose your mind over diffrent algeas it will suddenly end as quickly as it started.Its part of the game,you can buy some tangs they eat more algea than most other fish.Relax you are right where you want to be,have fun.

Back