Found a Nudibranch...should I remove it?

LosingSleep

Non-member
New stuff is still popping up in this tank.

This Nudi is about 2-3mm. I've read that they may feed on soft corals. Should I remove it now that I know where it is?

What does it look like? Where do you think it came from?

It has to have come from the Tonga LR or it came on one of my frags.

It's translucent/2 tone, with the top on the top side with 2 spikes. 1 "spike" about mid body and the other closer to the tail-end. Way too small for a pic.

I had a bout with Zoo eating nudis, 4 months ago, kill it now.... if they reproduce you will have them for a very long time - they reproduce like rabbits, month after month.

If it eats Xenia - who cares, you can always remove it by hand - it is not worth having this fellow in your tank.

I've been trying to get a pic without any luck. It's purple tinted with purple lines going down the back. There are 2 purple tinted spikes up front and 4 green-tinted spikes on the back. It's very much the color of the Xenia.

Anybody want it before it hits the can?

Kind of looks like this but purple and green.

images

If it came in on your live rock chances are it eats some form of sponge or something. It will probably live for only a few weeks if that is the case. When I set up my first reef tank (~10 years ago) we had a nudi that came in with the rock. If it came in on a coral, then there is the potential that it eats that coral, particularly if it looks like that coral.

I had a bout with Zoo eating nudis, 4 months ago, kill it now.... if they reproduce you will have them for a very long time - they reproduce like rabbits, month after month.

If it eats Xenia - who cares, you can always remove it by hand - it is not worth having this fellow in your tank.

So he should kill an animal because related animals can cause problems?

Quick, kill your BTA, it may turn into aiptasia.

Zoa eating nudis are pretty easy to tell. They look like zoas.

Back