Frag tank complete...

Brad S

Non-member
Got it running yesterday, aside from replacing the bulbs in both fixtures I'm done for a while.

40g is drawing/returning water to the 90's sump, need to work out a micro bubble issue too due to the increased flow... here are some pics.

277649.jpg

277650.jpg

oh sweet! and your the one on here that works at tropic isle. love that place. needs 5$ frags tho.

I have no say about any fish room business, but I'll mention that... We had some nice 25 dollar frags for a while, but they sell out quickly.

Very nice. What brand of lighting fixtures are you using?

Coralife, 90 has a 48" 2x96W actinic PC's and two 250W MH's, currently has two 10k's until I can order my 14's...

The 40 has the same exact fixture only 36" has 1 150W MH and two smaller actinic bulbs.

Lookin' good Brad. How's the Achilles? I remember what you said about them in hindsight. But I still want one. :D

Achilles is good! If you've got the time to invest in it, go for it! I can even drop ya a line when I see a good one!

Its just a question of getting the fish to even eat, which sometimes they don't and just die... You need to feed a variety of stuff 3 times a day. You have to build on its immune system and pack it with food, otherwise they seriously become over-run with parasites and just dwindle.

Once they're healthy and established, took mine 3 or so months... They become super aggressive/hardy and will attempt to kill anything new, in my tank at least...

I figure I have another year-1.5 until I need a 6 foot tank.

Achilles is good! If you've got the time to invest in it, go for it! I can even drop ya a line when I see a good one!

Its just a question of getting the fish to even eat, which sometimes they don't and just die... You need to feed a variety of stuff 3 times a day. You have to build on its immune system and pack it with food, otherwise they seriously become over-run with parasites and just dwindle.

Once they're healthy and established, took mine 3 or so months... They become super aggressive/hardy and will attempt to kill anything new, in my tank at least...

I figure I have another year-1.5 until I need a 6 foot tank.

They sound like fun. ;) I'll give it some more thought before jumping on one.

Back