Getting back in! My Custom RedSea Max S-650 build

Mr.Rodrigo502

Non-member
Hey guys, so I decided to get back into the reefing addiction again after almost a year of saltwater rehab. ive decided that this is my addiction and my passion that Im very tempted to get back in and I found the perfect tank to do it in. im picking up a red sea max s-650 tank only. but I don't want to use the factory filtration. im doing everything from scratch. even the stand. so ill be shopping around for a sump, skimmer, return pump, led lights, and 2 mp40 or 1 mp60. ill post pictures of the build. this is very exciting to me! hope you guys follow along and help me find the equipment I need. :D

That didn't take long lol
Welcome back! Take tons of photos it sounds interesting

Holy crap dude welcome back!! I still have your hippo and tomini! :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Welcome Back! I thought something was amiss when I saw you lurking around last week.

Good Luck on the new build

Thanks guys, I feel very welcomed in this club, it's a 175g (650 liters in Germany) lol on my way home right now ready to unload the S650 out of my trunk. I'm looking to get a really good skimmer for it? any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I feel very welcomed in this club, it's a 175g (650 liters in Germany) lol on my way home right now ready to unload the S650 out of my trunk. I'm looking to get a really good skimmer for it? any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Rodrigo, RedSea Max S-650 is 175G "total volume" including the 25G sump according to Google. Specs says its 150G Display tank. Nice tank none the less man. Hit me up when u start to get corals. I will hook u up...

By the way, I have a SRO 5000SSS Skimmer and love it. But I don't think anything will compare to the beast u had before!!!! :cool:
Good to see u back bro! :cool::)

Higor

Last edited:

Rodrigo, RedSea Max S-650 is 175G "total volume" including the 25G sump according to Google. Specs says its 150G Display tank. Nice tank none the less man. Hit me up when u start to get corals. I will hook u up...

By the way, I have a SRO 5000SSS Skimmer and love it. But I don't think anything will compare to the beast u had before!!!! :cool:
Good to see u back bro! :cool::)

Higor

You know what, your right. I completely forgot that they go by water volume including the sump. So yea it's a 150g. That's one nice skimmer you have. My old skimmer was a beast though... Thing was like almost 4 ft tall... Lol I'm going with an in sump skimmer this time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384186737.806211.jpg
Here is a quick pic of my new tank. Just waiting on 4 buddies to help move it out safely. Can't wait to let her cycle! But that's a long way from here.

glad to see you getting wet again, I liked your 250 build!

I'd recommend a Bullet 2 with a mag 24 as far as a skimmer, a little bulky but is insane! That's what I have with 350 gallons volume.

Back