Green killing machine. Any experience?

aresangel

Tim- 2020- Secretary, 2019 BRS President
BRS Member
So my wife just told me she wanted a UV for her goldfish tank. While strolling around petco I found the green killing machine. 24 watt uv sterilizer for 80 bucks and thought well... Mine as well pick it up. It says it's good for reef tanks as well. I am in the process of my 72 bow front build and was thinking about ordering one for that. Any experience with a submersible unit compared to an in-line unit? I figured it would be easier to add later rather than re-plumbing the system.

http://m.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=28963

There is a link (I know I over spent but I did have 10% off coupon and Christmas is too close to ship it!)
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UV is not typically necessary or all that useful on a reef tank. It is great if you get a green water bloom, but those are pretty rare and otherwise the UV won't do much for your reef tank.

I'd put that $80 toward quality lighting or protein skimmer.

UV is not typically necessary or all that useful on a reef tank. It is great if you get a green water bloom, but those are pretty rare and otherwise the UV won't do much for your reef tank.

I'd put that $80 toward quality lighting or protein skimmer.

Agreed, save your $

Gold fish tank is a reef ready 55 gallon corner tank. Got it for my wife for her birthday before I took her old 20 long for my cichlids! But from our petco and petsmart when ever we get a new goldfish there is an Ich outbreak . Thanks for the advice I will put the money towards a skimmer ( last thing I need to buy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back