Greetings from Medford

crownjules

Non-member
Hello Boston area reefers!

So an introduction it is. My name's Julian and I'm a 28 year old IT professional living in Medford. My girlfriend and I began our journey into reefkeeping last Labor Day, though the tank was previously a freshwater setup I had running for almost 2 years. When she moved into her new condo, and since the tank had been sitting around unused for nearly a year, she asked if we could set it up at her place.

It's been a slightly more arduous project than it might have been had I been more thorough in my research up front, but nothing that's made me want to stop anytime soon. Quite the opposite in fact. The tank is only a 36G but I'm already dreaming about a 90+ setup, planned out and done properly this time around! That's a ways off though since we haven't even started putting corals into the existing tank.

So for my tank specs and what's in it:

36G, 4x39W T5 fixture (2 actinics, 2 daylight), CSS-65 skimmer, K2 and K3 PHs, in the process of installing a 10G sump just to house equipment and some LR

Critters: 2 clowns (one onyx, one half onyx half orange), banggai cardinal, 3 green chromis, 3 hermits, emerald crab, cleaner shrimp, around 15 assorted snails (a turbo, some nasarius and astrea). We also have a blue tang that, much to my GF's dismay, we're well aware we'll have to part with once it grows a little bigger.

That's it in a nutshell. Glad to join the BRS and hopefully meet some of you and learn more about this hobby.

Back