had to share this

J

jokersplayground

Ok so I just saw someone giving advice on dosing bleach into a reef system to help rid hair algae. What is wrong with this person? Does he not know bleach can kill everything within the system almost instantly? When I tried to confront him about it and tell him that he is giving very bad advice and your sending the person's tank to its death he started saying that he's light years ahead of me in experience and I should try and learn something.

I have not heard of dosing bleach but many things we put in our tanks are fatal if given in above safe limits. I have used bleach for years to clean rock etc.

Jim

Nope he clearly said bleach. I would love to take screen shots of it but I don't want to get in trouble for it.

Which forum is it on? We can just check it out for ourselves. Maybe if enough people advise against it, we can save a tank or two or perhaps even learn of a new technique. Don't forget, many towns use chlorine in their water treatment plants. That's why we use things like Prime for our freshwater tanks.

Last edited:
Which forum is it on? We can just check it out for ourselves. Maybe if enough people advise against it, we can save a tank or two or perhaps even learn of a new technique. Don't forget, many towns use chlorine in their water treatment plants. That's why we use things like Prime for our freshwater tanks.

It's a page called saltwater maniacs post about a lfs selling a lady something for hair algae

Back