Hanna or Milwaukee Phosphate Low Range Photometer?

Hanna seems to get the best reports.A lot of folks claim the milwaukee is less accurate.

You know you want the Hanna because it is more expensive. :D
I suppose you ask this because of the groupbuy on the meter. I'm in for the Hanna. I do hear that more people are using Hanna but I have no clue which is better. Either one is better than reading color charts.

I chose the Hanna over the Milwaukee as well. I really like it.

It helped me diagnose that PO4 was coming from my reactor. Now that I have fixed that issue my PO4 is at .02ppm and dropping. :D

I just picked up the Milwaukee, I would love to try and compare it to the Hanna meter.

It saved me around 100.00 without the groupbuy and around 70.00 with the groupbuy, and the wife has been on me because I have been spending a ton of money getting my new tank setup.

At this point I am just hoping it will help me narrow down my Phosphate issue. I just got a .18 ppm on my first test so I know I have a problem, now to find it. I need to test my RO/DI water and see if that was the problem before I added my new DI & Catalytic Carbon filters.

Its much better than the standard color changing kits which I could never get a reading from.

If I were using it every day or even mutlitple times a week I may have opted for the hanna meter, but for now the Milwaukee should work fine.

John

Trying to convince yourself that made the right purchase, huh? :p I bet the Milwaukee will work out. Besides, like you said, it beats using those color changing kits.

The most common phosphate producer is the media in your calcium reactor and obviously food you feed to the tank.

I just picked up the Milwaukee, I would love to try and compare it to the Hanna meter.

It saved me around 100.00 without the groupbuy and around 70.00 with the groupbuy, and the wife has been on me because I have been spending a ton of money getting my new tank setup.

At this point I am just hoping it will help me narrow down my Phosphate issue. I just got a .18 ppm on my first test so I know I have a problem, now to find it. I need to test my RO/DI water and see if that was the problem before I added my new DI & Catalytic Carbon filters.

Its much better than the standard color changing kits which I could never get a reading from.

If I were using it every day or even mutlitple times a week I may have opted for the hanna meter, but for now the Milwaukee should work fine.

John

Trying to convince yourself that made the right purchase, huh? :p I bet the Milwaukee will work out. Besides, like you said, it beats using those color changing kits.

No, the milwaukee is the right choice for me at this time, because I am on budget right now and needed something to help with an algae issue I am having. If I had the extra cash I would have probably bought the Hanna a while ago.

There are times in my life where I have spent top dollar for the best of something (ask me about my $1,000.00 DVD player, or $400.00 cell phone) and have come to the realization that you should buy the best that you can afford at that moment. I have been looking around for one of these for a while but could not spend the $200.00.

I kicked myself for not taking advantage of the Live.com 25% discount when it was available but I was on a much tighter budget at that time.

John

Back