has anyone tried this screen cover?

I used similar material and made one for the top of my 125 long. It is very easy to put together. framing material/kit can even be found at your box hardware store on the cheap. Tougher to find the same clear 1/2" mesh screen at the box store though. The screen frame color doesn't really matter. I think it comes in white or brown. I just took some Krylon Fusion black paint. Built the frame. Painted it. After it dried/cured, I then installed the screen and it was good to go.

I just bought the same exact one. I havent put it on yet because I only got the netting figuring i could find plastic framing somewhere else cheaper. But I cant find anything plastic to use as the frame.

And Gweston is your frame you are using plastic? And if so where did you get it?

Last edited:
I just bought the same exact one. I havent put it on yet because I only got the netting figuring i could find plastic framing somewhere else cheaper. But I cant find anything plastic to use as the frame.

?

Home Depot has the aluminum framing which would probably be ok.

i use it on my 120 with a yasha goby and a blue spot jawfish and 34 seahorse tanks and it does not block any light at all. i love it

I will be adding it to my tank its kinda to bad I can't really figure away to make on for my 72 bow

you could probably use two wood strips, attached together with the screen stapled in between. You can bend some wood or steam it to a curve.

I have similar stuff on my tank... I bought the screen edge at Lowe's or HD... Way better than the eggcrate...

aluminum would rust and corrode from the saltwater. Using wood doesnt sound like a bad idea though

aluminum would rust and corrode from the saltwater. Using wood doesnt sound like a bad idea though

it does not touch any water at all i have had mine set up for a few months now and not even a sign of water near it. becuase it sit on the frame of the tank and no where near water

Back