Have had it !!!!need help

skyedolphan

Non-member
OK Guys I really need some help I will provide drinks and food here is what I need...

I need more room
which means I would like to put my sump and fuge downcellar. directly under my tank and app.15 feet off to the side included in this is I would like to do an automatic top off system with the ro/di unit downcellar also (there is water access right there from the washer setup)I of course being Blonde and plumbing and electrical not my strong suit would need to know what I need to get my uncle owns an oil/plumbing company so I can get most things threw him for tubing and such I would think but again have no clue what it is I need ..I am open to any weekend day that we can get a few people together that knows how to accomplish this and whoever else would like to come by and learn :) please help !!!

I can prolly come down and help with drilling holes and such.
Maybe I can get some area people to make the trip with me to lend a hand... ;)

depending on the day I could travel with moe.. I have plenty of drills, hole saws, spade bits, etc..

Dawn, let me know whem you wanna do it and I'll be there to give you a hand our two.
Hey Moe, I go with you, but this time you drive :D

Dawn,
Count me in, anything you need just holler. Have the tools , know the wiring and plumbing, just need the go ahead.

Dan

Holy crow!
You get Spectrum and Gustavo together and I think they could build a dream system that'd be pictured in Michael Paletta's book. Add these other guys and their know-how, and you're set for a miracle, Dawn!
It'll just depend on timing, I guess.

Thank you guys now Lam is helping me figure what it is that I need anyone else for suggestions on what is needed? we are thinking a 25 foot head loss?

25 foot head loss? The engineer in me has to ask how that was derived. :) You're gonna make me go digging for my mechanical texts arent you . . .

dawn, down 1 floor - 12' max, maybe 10 even. head isnt the length of the hose, its the vertical height. elbows etc add to it also. use that calculator I posted. you'd need a big butted pump for 25' assuming you wanted more than a sprinkle coming out of the end.

I can help but I just know what I've read (which I do alot of and forget some :)) Moe.. will you be passing by Mass Ave :)

I just chatted with Lam a bit Dawn and I see it this way:
10 feet vertical = 10 feet of head
25 lin ft of pipe = 2.5 feet of head
4 elbows = 2 feet of head
2 valves = 1 feet of head
----------------------------
Total = 15.5 feet of head loss

IMO this is a conservative estimate. I could pull out equations with fancy names that would probably lower the straight pipe loses and might actually raise the fitting loses a bit but as a general rule you should be safe with the above.

Know what though, Im figuring based on ~600gph, head increases with flow rate. If you double the flow rate your 25 feet might not be so far off Dawn. So there you showed me :D

I'm figuring roughly 17.5 ft head loss minimum just to return water to the tank. I'm sure there'll most likely be more elbows. The tank has 1 hangon overflow box. I'm thinking the water overflow will go down the basement and then split to refugium and the rest to sump.

I'm thinking Blueline 55. What do you guys think?

Back